Dany G.Charbel, Msc.
Robert Gorter, MD, PhD.
29th October 2023
Wholeness comes from the Greek word ‘HOLOS’ which means ‘ENTIRE’ or ALL, in the context of healing it translates into treating, BODY, MIND, SOUL.
Wholeness represented by the artist Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1619)
- Mental health is essential for leading a happy and productive life. It affects how we feel, think, and live our lives by encompassing our emotional, psychological, and sociological well-being. Prioritizing mental health is, of course, critical.
- Just as physical fitness helps our bodies to stay strong, mental fitness helps us to achieve and sustain a state of good mental health. When we are mentally healthy, we enjoy our life and environment, and the people in it.
- Maintaining positive mental health and treating any mental health conditions is crucial to stabilizing constructive behaviors, emotions, and thoughts. Focusing on mental health care can increase productivity, enhance our self-image, and improve personal and professional relationships.
- Having good health is directly related to leading a productive life. The functionality of the body is interconnected between various organs. Keeping the organs healthy is essential for proper functioning. As health is the state of physical, mental, and social well-being, having good health is important.
- Good health helps us prevent chronic diseases and long-term illness and good health makes us live a long and happy life enjoying every moment as well as it helps us function better in different areas in life.
- The sense of belief in a supreme being or in an ideal concept whatever it is (God – The creator – Great Designer – The divine – supreme law – natural law – Perfect concept ….), makes us feel protected and gives meaning to our lives as well as it will be as positive coping mechanism when we encounter obstacles and challenges.
- According to the Holistic Health approach, the human being has many spiritual qualities, including the so-called ‘Chakra.’ The Sanskrit word chakra translates to wheel or disk. Among other things, chakras are meditative bodies, focal points of awareness and connect us to a higher consciousness and spiritual empowerment, situated along the spine from the base of our spine to the crown of our head.
Tips on how we strive for wholeness
- Maintain a strong relationship, especially with those who share your values and interests
- Seek professional help for mental health care if necessary.
- Eat healthy food (and exclude alcohol, smoking, and BBQ)
- Lean on your loved ones in a time of crisis or trauma
- Get enough sleep (maintain your circadian rhythm)- Melatonin level –dark hormone – reduce stress and anxiety level.
- Expose yourself to the sun (long enough) because it helps you increase your serotonin level in the brain and your vitamin D3 to strengthen your bones and your immune system.
- Exercise regularly (physical activities)
- Meditation – relaxation technics and bedtime retrospection.
- Activity: cardiac coherence relaxation technic.